Family Law Advocacy You Can Trust
Getting through life’s multifaceted changes is made less stressful with a knowledgeable legal advocate on your side. At DeRoberts Law Firm, our success has come from compassionately attending to our clients’ needs while aggressively litigating when necessary, making family transitions as smooth as possible.
The family law practice areas in which we frequently represent clients include:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support and maintenance
- Equitable distribution of property
- Paternity and fathers’ rights
- Domestic violence, including orders of protection
- Prenuptial agreements
- Postnuptial agreements
- Child protective proceedings
- Pension and retirement asset distribution
Transitioning from a two-parent family to being a single-parent family can be difficult emotionally and financially. We are here for you every step of the way. We help you anticipate and address changes to your tax status, health benefits and credit rating as well as the amount of time you spend with your children, and the types of activities you get to do with them.
Aggressively Protecting Your Best Interests
Mr. DeRoberts uses his training, skills and experience to guide you through the following areas of matrimonial law and divorce processes:
- Mediation – Mediation is a voluntary process where both parties get together in an attempt to negotiate out a fair settlement that both parties can live with. They have a mediator who helps find fair and realistic solutions to agree on the issues.
- Litigation – Litigation ends with a binding rule from a judge. There is always some inherent risk in litigation, and the outcome may be unsatisfactory for all of the parties involved.
- Negotiation – Negotiation is where both parties give and take a little to find common ground on the issue. They are quick and cost-effective and best suited when the divorce is uncontested.
Due to the sensitivity of family relationships and the costs of litigation, we do our best to achieve the outcomes you want without going to trial. A lot of our success in negotiation has come from preparing for every case as if we were going to trial. Building up a strong case gives you leverage in negotiations and usually leads to favorable settlements.
Call For A Free Initial Consultation
Attorney Jeffrey DeRoberts will return your call and answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to achieve the best outcome possible for your situation. For a free initial consultation, call our office in Syracuse at 315-479-6445 or contact us online.