Providing Staunch Advocacy And Personalized Representation For Clients Since 1993
At the DeRoberts Law Firm, we believe that each client has the same legal rights and deserves a tenacious defense by a qualified team with a proven track record of success. Allegations of sex crimes such as rape, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct have an immediate and long-term effect on both your personal and professional life. If handled improperly, convictions can lead to significant fines and incarceration.
Our sex crimes attorney, Jeffrey DeRoberts, works hard to craft a strategic defense, giving you the best chance at a favorable outcome. Attorney DeRoberts is a well-known and highly skilled criminal defense attorney who clients throughout central New York have relied on for more than 25 years. Don’t let your freedom and your future hanging in the balance, contact our office today.
Extensive Legal Knowledge And Support In A Compassionate Environment To Help You Through Your Most Difficult Challenges
The term “sex crime” encompasses a wide variety of legal issues and each case presents its unique challenges. Our firm has handled numerous sexual assaults, rapes and sex offender cases. We routinely assist clients facing charges of:
- Rape – Engaging in sexual intercourse with another person without their consent.
- Predatory sexual assault – Causing physical injury or using or threatening to use a dangerous instrument while committing first-degree rape, sexual acts, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual conduct against a child.
- Prostitution – Engaging, agreeing or offering to engage in sexual conduct with another person in return for a fee.
- Sex trafficking – Profiting from prostitution through a variety of means, including the kidnapping, forcible compulsion and mental impairment of another person.
Under New York law, an element of any type of sexual crime is a lack of consent. A lack of consent results from any of the following:
- Forcible compulsion
- Incapacity to consent
- The victim does not agree, either clearly or implied, to the conduct of cases involving sexual abuse or forcible touching
- The victim made it clear they did not consent
Some people are by law incapable of consent. A person is incapable of providing consent if he or she is:
- Under the age of 17
- Mentally disabled or incapacitated
- Physically helpless
- Under the care and custody of the state department of corrections and community supervision or a hospital
Sex offenses may result in state or federal charges. If convicted, you may face thousands of dollars in fines, community service and potentially, several years in prison. You may also be required to register as a sex offender with the New York State Sex Offender Registry and face restrictions on where you can live. If you’re facing any type of criminal sex charges, it is vital that you seek assistance from a reputable and experienced defense attorney to help you understand your options and make the best decisions for your future.
Your Most Powerful Legal Ally Against Sex Crime Charges Throughout Syracuse
When your liberty is at stake, you need an aggressive team dedicated to protecting your best interests. At the DeRoberts Law Firm, we provide one-on-one attention and support to help you craft a solid legal defense. Call us today at 315-479-6445 or contact us online to discuss your case.